Senior Ruby Engineer (Analytics Team) - Remote (EU)
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the things we expect you to take on as a Senior Ruby Engineer in our Analytics team:
- Gather and process large volumes of data. You will play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data.
- Support the rest of the team in improving the quality of our main Rails application.
- Contribute to technology strategy; Take a front seat in our decision-making on evolving our Analytics service using technologies that fit our purposes.
- Support junior engineers through high-quality, scalable engineering designs and helpful code reviews.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in (relevant) technology.
- You have 4+ years of professional experience as a backend engineer, with at least 2 of them in developing high traffic web applications.
- You are very well versed with Ruby.
- Strong SQL and data processing experience. We use PostgreSQL for almost everything.
- Good knowledge of cloud environments, (mainly with AWS, though DigitalOcean would help as well).
- Good knowledge of software development fundamentals; how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, when and how to select the right paradigm for a task.
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Rust (parts of the Analytics codebase are in Rust).
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD systems.
- Practical knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform.
- Practical knowledge of job schedulers such as Sidekiq, Faktory, and/or pg_cron.
- You're passionate about coding. You know how to run code, not just write it.
- You're pragmatic, you know when to be hands-on, and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations.
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best practices.
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change.
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job.
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket).
Please note, we are only accepting EU-based applicants at this time.