Senior Instructional Designer - Toronto
ChartMogul helps hundreds of subscription businesses extract value from their data. With our all-in-one approach to analytics, teams don't need to worry about provisioning data warehousing and can instead focus on what matters: tracking metrics and getting insights from their data.
The Customer Success team at ChartMogul is responsible for helping customers get the most value and enjoyment from our platform. They remove obstacles that get in the customer’s way and provide ongoing education and outreach. They also show customers how to achieve their intended outcomes using ChartMogul's subscription data platform.
As a Senior Instructional Designer, you’ll lead our customer education efforts to support delightful product experiences and maximize customer adoption. You’ll create and maintain instructional materials like product documentation, use cases, and tutorials for our help center, developer hub, and customer training program.
To succeed in this role, you should be passionate about product education and have a knack for making complex information accessible to customers.
- Develop standards, processes, and workflows for delivering educational content
- Author and update customer-facing and internal product documentation
- Design and maintain our customer training program
- Gain a working knowledge of all product areas of ChartMogul
- Measure and improve the business impact of our customer education efforts
- 3+ years in instructional writing, technical writing, or a similar role in a software company, ideally in SaaS
- Experience developing and enforcing style guidelines
- Experience designing and building engaging help center documentation, developer resources, and training programs
- Prior experience hiring and leading teams is a plus
- Native-level spoken and written English
- Proven ability to articulate complex concepts in clear, simple terms
- Goal-oriented with a track record of producing results
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful with solid project management
- A team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization
- Honest, accountable, patient, kind, and infectiously optimistic
- Available to work Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm ET, with flexibility for occasional calls outside of these hours with our team across the globe
- A stable, high-speed internet connection
- A quiet workspace within your home
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job
- You’ll become part of a team of dedicated SaaS veterans who are experts in their respective fields — and lovely people
- You’ll receive a competitive compensation package (including stock options, education budget, and health benefits)
- You’ll have access to a company-sponsored co-working space located in downtown Toronto (if desired)
- You’ll take part in our local and global team-building events and meetups
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in Canada at this time.