Full Stack Engineer (f/m)
We're a small company and this is an extensive role, so your responsibilities will change over time and adapt to the latest requirements. However, here's what we have in mind for you initially:
- You will support both our Data Engineering team, which makes sure that huge amounts of data get smoothly loaded and processed, as well as our Analytics & Display team, which is responsible for crunching and displaying the results. In this role you will play an instrumental role helping our customers understand their business data.
- Your goal is to delight our customers by presenting their data in engaging, secure, and reliable user interfaces.
- In cooperation with Product Management and UI Development, you will discuss, plan and implement new features end to end.
- You will work to use and evolve our backend APIs.
- You keep yourself informed about industry trends and developments, especially with regards to data crunching, accessibility and usability, and help educate others in your team.
- Ongoing responsibilities include testing & documentation of your work.
What we're looking for:
- A few years’ experience building web applications that handle decent amounts of traffic.
- Experience with Marionette / Backbone, which we presently use, would be particularly great.
- You’re deeply knowledgeable about at least one programming language and web framework. We mostly use Ruby-on-Rails and Go, so knowledge of these is an advantage. In terms of databases, we use PostgreSQL for almost everything.
- A good understanding of building solid, maintainable code.
- You speak fluent Git, and English.
- You like working with other team members, and even customers to understand and solve their problems.