Finance & Operations Manager - Germany
RemoteFinance & Operations
We’re looking to grow our Finance & Operations team to optimize ChartMogul’s performance as a business. The team does this by taking care of the administrative and operational aspects of running and growing a company. We work to remove obstacles so our Moguls can focus on applying their skills and expertise. To meet our goal we not only aim to resolve issues quickly once they arise, but we plan ahead to reduce the likelihood of there being any impediments to our team’s work. As a result, we’re able to make ChartMogul a better place to work, and position individual team members and the company for growth.
As a Fin & Ops Manager, you will take on a wide range of tasks to support the Finance & Operations team. From financial reporting to sales enablement, you support team members across the entire business. The cross-functional nature of your role enables you to gain a holistic view of the many parts of the ChartMogul organization while your responsibilities directly help the company run efficiently.
You will report to VP Finance & Operations and own a lot of our financial reporting processes. The role involves regularly updating existing reports but also developing creative and insightful new ways to report on SaaS and other business metrics. We also trust you to develop reliable forecasts, and rely on you to present this financial data in a compelling and pragmatic format. Further, you will work on all matters related to payroll and preparatory accounting.
Finally, you will work on special projects! These special projects can involve anything from feature development and improvement in collaboration with our Product Management team to offsite planning.
- Reporting, reporting, reporting! You’ll be delivering SaaS, Revenue, OPEX, reports and forecasts
- Collating monthly sales results for our Account Executives and calculating commission
- Supporting Account Executives by working with them to create offers during the sales cycle
- Cross-referencing our internal reports with financial statements we receive from our accountants to ensure there are no discrepancies
- Creating services orders and invoices for our customers and following up with them when necessary
- Regularly communicating with our tax advisers, insurance providers and lawyers to ensure compliance and prepare for future legislative changes
- Supporting the VP Finance & Operations with project accounting
- Conducting research related to tax and accounting practices in our subsidiaries’ geographies
- Working on payroll, preparatory bookkeeping and other administrative tasks
- Finding innovative and efficient ways of improving reporting processes at ChartMogul
- Adding depth and improving the quality of reports from our Finance & Operations team
- And participating in high-visibility and business-critical projects as they come up!
What we're looking for
- Extensive Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets skills — with experience of advanced functions
- Excellent professional communication skills both written and verbal in English
- Attention to detail and a focus on accuracy — when there’s money at stake, we need to get it right
- A self-driven, motivated and dynamic personality who is comfortable working with a remote team
- Ideally, you are based in Berlin and work in hybrid mode (once a week in-office or when necessary)
- Experience with Datev or other accounting software
- An interest in providing sales support
- Written and verbal communication skills in German
- Experience with a modern software tool stack
- Knowledge of or experience in accounting (preparatory, tax, audits etc.)
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job
- You’ll become part of a team of kind, highly competent and dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping subscription businesses succeed
- Flexible hours and remote friendly
- All full time team members, both employees and contractors, receive stock options, paid sick days, paid holiday, maternity/paternity leave, education budget and more
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket)!
- Review application
- Initial Call with VP of Finance & Ops
- Take-home Exercise
- Interview with the Ops Team
- Final Interview with VP of Finance & Ops
- Ref checks
This is a full-time position. Please note that we can only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the EU.