Engineering Manager, Delta Team (EU)
Our Delta Team is composed of 9 developers who are responsible for building the customer-facing frontend layer of our product. Inspired by the 'Shape Up' method from Basecamp, our team works in 5-week-long iterations. This approach allows us to take full responsibility for completing self-contained projects from beginning to end. To enable further growth over time and achieve a better developer-to-manager ratio, we are looking for an additional Engineering Manager to work alongside our existing one.
Engineering Managers at ChartMogul are experienced engineers with a strong technical background. We expect this person to be a strong leader and developer, with an emphasis on technical leadership, as we strive to lead by example.
As an Engineering Manager for the Delta Team, you can expect to spend 70% of your time directly contributing to software development. This includes technical discussions, code reviews, and direct project contributions. You will also spend time indirectly helping your team deliver software by working with the product team and other stakeholders to prepare upcoming projects. You can expect to spend the remaining 30% of your time helping your team grow as a unit and individually through 1:1 feedback and goal-setting.
While this is a remote position, we are only able to consider candidates who are based in the EU.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager/team lead
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy (self-motivated, organized) and the ability to work remotely across time zones
- Comfortable following software engineering best practices, such as code review, source control, continuous integration, and testing
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code in a modern programming language
- Enjoy working with other team members and even customers to understand and solve their problems. You are eager to help others get better at their work
- Able to communicate and translate concepts clearly to non-technical peers
What we offer
- Flexible hours with a healthy work-life balance
- Annual performance and compensation review
- Paid holidays, paid sick leave, and parental leave
- Adventures of a highly innovative, marketing-leading company, where you’ll experience having an incredibly impactful job
- A team of kind and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping SaaS companies succeed!
- Initial call with our tech recruiter
- Take-home assignment
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Team Interview with your future colleagues (some of who will report to you)
- Final Interview our VP of Engineering along with a manager from another team
- Reference Checks
As a global, distributed workforce in over 20 countries, we know good ideas come from all over. Our different backgrounds, strengths, identities, and experiences make our product and company better. That's why we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaboration and innovation.