DevOps Engineer (f/m)
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, we have three main areas of responsibility in mind for this position in the short and medium term:
- increase system uptime and efficiency, while reducing the need for human intervention - this includes on-call duty
- be in charge of security, backup, and redundancy processes
- lead our penetration and vulnerability testing efforts
- always be fine tuning to identify and remove bottle-necks
- collect current and planned business requirements and incorporate them into our infrastructure strategy based on Digital Ocean & AWS
- work with the other engineers to educate and inform about best practices around DevOps related topics
- keep our internal Wiki up to date with regards to DevOps topics
- implement processes that ensure timely documentation of new DevOps features and changes
What we're looking for:
- Several years professional experience building and operating service-oriented architectures for production web applications.
- Strong knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack, Terraform and Packer.
- Strong knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably Ubuntu.
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments, particularly AWS and DigitalOcean.
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems and practises
- Good communication and planning skills
- You speak fluent professional English
- You also speak fluent Git.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with stream processing tools (Apache Storm, AWS Kinesis etc)
- Experience with Docker and service discovery layers/consensus systems (Consul, etc)
- Exposure to subscription billing or payment processing.