Data Engineer - Remote (EU)
This is a critical hire for us, and also an incredibly impactful one. As our first Data Engineer, you will have a chance to build something from scratch and set the foundations for all of our data engineering infrastructure going forward. As with many young companies, your responsibilities may evolve over time. Here are some of the things we expect you to take on as a Data Engineer:
- Building the data infrastructure and pipelines to facilitate data analytics for all teams. Here are some examples of what your work will help us achieve:
- Extracting unique insight, benchmarks, or other such facts to power a content and PR machine
- Helping us understand our own business (pricing optimization, marketing attribution, churn, etc.)
- Helping our customers better understand their own businesses (product features that are beyond just 'metrics', e.g. benchmark features, machine learning to give recommendations or forecasts, etc.)
- Working closely with our Security and DevOps teams, making sure we follow the most rigorous security practices
- Collaborating with our product, sales, marketing, and engineering teams to understand and deliver the right requirements
- Strong SQL and data processing fundamentals and related tooling
- Experience creating data pipelines that support multiple stakeholders
- Deep understanding of security-related topics
- Good knowledge of software development fundamentals; how to structure programs, decompose problems, create clean and testable code
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS data processing tools (e.g., RDS, Athena, Redshift, DMS) or strong interest in learning some of them
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Good knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools
- Familiar with different data tools, e.g., Stitch, Segment, Fivetran, Tableau, Looker, BigQuery, PowerBI, etc.
- You're passionate about what you do
- You're pragmatic; you know when to be hands-on and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations; you know when it's best to build and when it's best to buy
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best practices
- You’re always up for pairing up and tackling problems with your colleagues
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change
- Understand when it's best to build vs when it's best to buy
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket)
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the EU at this time.