Backend Engineer (Security) - Remote (EU)
What will you be doing?
This is a backend engineering role focused on security (app, infra). We will expect you to work closely with all of our engineering teams and product managers (PM) to ensure our product is secure.
Here are some of the responsibilities we expect you to take on:
- Facilitate and own application security reviews and threat modelling, including code review and dynamic testing.
- Own and perform application security vulnerability management.
- Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security. We expect you to identify areas for improvement and write the code yourself.
- Assist in creation of security training.
- Help nurture a culture of writing secure code across all of engineering.
- Assist in development (or assessment of 3rd party) of automated security testing to validate that secure coding best practices are being followed in an ongoing basis.
Sounds interesting? Here's what we're looking for:
- You have 2+ years of work experience as a Ruby engineer.
- You have 1+ years with security responsibilities in your role.
- Understanding of security fundamentals. Clear passion for security as a mindset.
- Experience dealing with systems that deal with huge amounts of data.
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated solutions.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of cloud environments, particularly Docker, AWS, and DigitalOcean.
- You're passionate about security.
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best practices.
- You're always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change.
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You'll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have a job that's incredibly impactful
- You'll become part of a team of kind and highly dedicated people that all have the same mission: Helping subscription businesses succeed.
- You'll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket) and stock options.
Please note, we are only accepting candidates from EU based.